FWS SILENT AUCTION
The Furnace Woods Elementary School Silent Auction will be held in conjunction with the annual Furnace Woods School Fair, set for Saturday, Oct. 26th, 2019. Donated item info boards with bid sheets will be set up in the school auditorium for live bidding, and auctioneers will be able to view items and pre-register before the event using our on-line auction software, Auctria. The proceeds from both the auction and the fair are the most substantial contributors toward PTA funded educational enrichment programming for our children throughout the school year.
In addition to participating on the day of the fair, there are several ways you can support FWS students through the auction:
CONTRIBUTING/VOLUNTEERING WITH THE AUCTION COMMITTEE
- Soliciting local business (take an hour or two over the coming weeks to get gift certificate donations from your favorite local businesses. Help with solicitation is our biggest area of need—but many helpers doing just a little lessens the work for everyone!)
- Donating theater or sports tickets (one event out of a season pass, company seats, etc)
- Donating time at a vacation home or time-share
- Buying tickets for the Chromebook raffle (details to come!!)
- Donating a special talent (a cooking tutorial or preparing a meal, tutoring, floral arranging)
- Donating a bottle or two of wine for the wine pull
Based on our last inaugural year’s success, we are again offering sponsorship opportunities for area businesses and families wanting to support our “Wise Owl” students. Your help is needed to accomplish our goal of raising $5,000 in sponsorship gifts.
If you are a business owner, know of a local business, or are a family who would like to participate and take advantage of the sponsorship benefits listed on the accompanying form, we are deeply grateful! There are two ways you can help:
- Filling out the form and return via backpack mail to the FWS office. A member of our committee will process your gift.
- Securing a matching gifts/donation from your employer (see sponsorship below)
- Sharing your ideas for potential sponsors by email to Carmen Stevens, FWS Auction Committee member at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more infomation download the Sponsorship Form.
Please note that all donations need to be secured by Friday, October 18th, 2019 to take advantage of sponsor benefits listed. All donations and sponsorships are tax deductible.
Thank you in advance for supporting the wiser students of FWS!