Overview of Choral Music:
- Study and perform quality choral literature from a variety of time periods, cultures, genres, and languages.
- Develop choral singing technique- tone, diction, posture, and dynamics.
- Work cooperatively in small and large ensembles.
- Learn to interpret and follow a conductor’s cues.
- Experience the excitement of performing for parents, teachers, peers, and the community.
- Understand the social aspect of working together toward a common goal.
Concert Attendance Policy
All music students are required to perform at their assigned concerts as a part of the music curriculum. Concerts are treated as final exams, and students who fail to attend a concert may have their grade negatively impacted. In the event of an absence, the student may receive an alternate assignment