I am a School Social Worker at Blue Mountain Middle School (BMMS) and Hendrick Hudson High School (HHHS.)
My role is to be a community liaison, as well as to be mental health support for school staff and families within the district.
Some of my responsibilities include:
- Working with classified students on social, emotional, and behavioral goal-setting
- Attending and participating in the Annual Review Process for IEP Classified and 504 students
- Part of the Instructional Support Team and various school safety teams
- Participation in Special Education and Related Service team meetings
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Consultation with staff, parents, and administrators
- Linking students and families to outside community resources
- Raising awareness about mental health and providing psycho-education to the school community
- Building positive and supportive relationships with our students to help them build and maintain their academic and social emotional goals
I am at:
• BMMS on Mondays and Tuesdays
• HHHS on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
Feel free to contact me at 914-257-5714 or 5878 or lauren.pomerantz@henhudschools.
Please visit my Google Site for resources and information, including support services and a calendar of events.