My Home Page
Welcome to the General Music Room.
Please visit and check out the latest news.
For all students it is very important to sing daily. Sing for a family member, a friend or a neighbor. This builds a students' level of expertise as well as confidence.
If a student has any instruments at home, it is equally as important to practice daily. For Third, Fourth and Fifth Grade Students, please also practice recorder daily. Students can label notes in pencil so that they are more comfortable when practicing. Start with 15 minute intervals and slowly build daily practice time. Perhaps, a session first thing in the morning and then another one when the student finishes eating dinner. It is very important to have a reserved time that is the same every day. The student will look forward to this time alone. Eventually, he/she will want to play for family members and friends. Some students will feel comfortable playing with others and even forming bands. Like anything else in life, the more you do it, the better you will be at it.
The General Music Program should be directed toward the development of:
- Desire and ability to participate in musical activity.
- Love of music which results from a growth in skill and knowledge in handling the materials of music.
- Music literacy.
- Musical taste which results from an informed exposure to the finest of music.
- An understanding of the characteristics and styles of music of various eras as reflected in the compositions, life and times of representative composers.
- An understanding of the many roles which music plays in our lives and how it functions in helping people to express ideas, feelings, moods, emotions, patriotism, reverence, and drama, among other things.
To be able to:
- Feel secure.
- Express feelings by experiencing different activities.
- Develop music and linguistic skills.
- Strengthen physical skills.
- Feel good about one self.
- Respect others in the classroom.
- Have a sense of order and structure/discipline.
MUSIC CAN BE BOTH A LEARNING AND ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE.
HAVE FUN WITH THE EXPLORATION AND THE PATHWAY FOR YOUR JOURNEY!
Ms. Roberta Roberts BV General Music