PTA - Welcome to our PTA website!
The B-V PTA Welcomes You to the
2019-2020 School Year!!
We look forward to working together to create an exciting year for all of our children!
This site will be updated often! Please check back regularly for important news and information.
Like/Follow us on Facebook - Buchanan-Verplanck PTA
Questions, comments, concerns or suggestions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019-2020 PTA OFFICERS
Antoinette Pio, President
Marilyn Paiusco, Vice President
Jen Monks, Co- Vice President
Cheryl Rivera, Treasurer
Melissa Calabro ,Corresponding Secretary
Nicole Blan, Recording Secretary
UPCOMING EVENTS and IMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION
- Order Your Spirit Wear!! New Items and our all time favorites are now available for our 2019/2020 school year. Show your B-V Spirit when you are out and about.
- B-V School Store will be open on Fridays!! There are lots of great items available for our students to choose from and After finishing eating lunch, students can view and purchase items ranging from pencils, novelty erasers, notepads and so much more! If you and your child want to participate, please send their money in a sealed envelope marked with your child’s name, teacher and “PTA Store” written on it. Prices begin at only 25 cents! Parent volunteers will assist students with their purchase.
The B-V School Store will operate every Friday November 1st, 2019 through May 29th, 2020.
To volunteer, please contact Cheryl Rivera at: email@example.com
- Tired of writing those pesky School Notes? We've got the solution for you! Now on sale for $3.00 through the B-V PTA. You can buy a pad of 25 B-V School Notes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or at the school store each Friday during lunch starting November 1st, 2019.
Visit our Calendar of Events page for a very detailed look at our upcoming events and activities. The link is located on the left-hand side of this page.
PTA Meetings - We typically meet the first Monday of every month in the B-V Auditeria from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm and all are welcome to attend. Our meetings are just one hour or less - guaranteed! What do we do at meetings? You can find out what the PTA is planning and give valuable input and ideas, get updates on school happenings from Mr. Cohen and out Teacher Representative, and more! Become a paid PTA Member and you will have voting privileges on budgets and other PTA decisions. To make it easier to attend, babysitting is provided.
Our next B-V PTA Meeting is Monday, September 9th at 7:00 PM in the Auditeria
NEWS & NOTES
- Yearbook - Send us your photos! The B-V Yearbook gets started with the First Day of School Photos! We need YOUR pictures to make it a success! First day of school, bus stop pictures, classroom events, parties and field trips, Winter concerts - pictures of these or ANY school related event are needed! Please send your photos to: BVYearbook@yahoo.com. Pictures can be emailed all year long!
- To find out in detail what the PTA does (meetings, programs and information) and to see a full list of our Board & Committee Chairs, please visit our new page, PTA Information, located on the left-hand side of this page.
- Parents of children with IEPs or special needs, we have many resources available for you on our page.
- Translated Math Modules: NYSED is working on an initiative to translate the mathematics curriculum modules into the top 5 languages spoken in New York State, including Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Arabic, Bengali, and Haitian Creole.
- If you are looking for guidance to help your child with the Common Core Mathematics Curriculum, please see our Resources for Parents link to the left. We now have links to the curriculum for each grade level.
- Math resources for family members http://moodle.smithtown.k12.ny.us/course/index.php?categoryid=65
- Prodigy Game https://www.prodigygame.com/USA/
- Additional Math Resources http://lpssonline.com/site5514.php
- Modules maps http://greatminds.net/maps/math/module-pdfs
- Looking for the Campus Parent Portal link? https://hendrickhudsonny.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/hhudson.jsp
To find out in detail what the PTA does (meetings, programs and information) and to see a full list of our Board & Committee Chairs, please visit our new page, PTA Information, located on the left-hand side of this page.
There are many benefits to becoming a member of the PTA! PTA members can save money on everyday purchases thanks to the National PTA's Member Benefits Provider Program. National PTA teams up with businesses by offering special discounts, fundraising opportunities and more. Interested in joining the PTA? The B-V PTA Membership form can be found on our Documents and Forms page (link is to the left).
Stay in the loop, make sure you "Like" our PTA on Facebook!
|BOX TOPS AND LABELS FOR EDUCATION
Clip Box Tops Coupons and Labels for Education UPCs and send them in with your child. They are collected each month from classroom collection bins. Help us (and our scissor hands!) by trimming extra cardboard away from each label. Less cardboard means cheaper shipping costs, and it makes the job of counting thousands of Box Tops so much easier. Also, please remember they have expiration dates. If they have already expired,they do not count. We encourage you to sign up at www.btfe.com so you will get timely notification of bonus opportunities and other Box Top news.
Box tops are due the last Friday of every month!
We also accept new boxes of snack-sized baggies for our submission process. Mark them "PTA Box Tops" and send them in to the school office!
EXTRA, EASY WAYS TO HELP!!
(1) AmazonSmile: If you shop Amazon, you can earn B-V PTA a little cash every time you make a purchase and it won't cost you anything! Sign up at smile.amazon.com, search for "Pta New York Congress Buchanan" and choose the "Buchanan, NY" location. You only need to select the PTA once, there is no change to your account or cart (including Prime perks), there is no extra charge to you, and everything else is exactly the same as your regular Amazon shopping experience- you just need to remember to start your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
(2) Box Tops for Education: www.BTFE.com. There are several bonus opportunities each month (click on "Bonus Box Tops" under the "Earn" tab at the top). Sign up and receive emails when new bonus programs are available. Coupons can be found on this site too! For a list of products, click on List of Participating Box Tops Products. Check out a new way to earn Box Tops at Walmart! Click on www.walmart.com/BoxTops to sign up!
(3) Labels for Education: www.labelsforeducation.com Clip UPC codes from participating products, send them in with your child, and B-V earns points. Many of our playground items (balls and jump ropes included) are purchased with LFE points. Sign up at Labels for Education and click on the "My School" tab to choose B-V as your school and gain access to recipes and coupons. Click on the following for a List of Participating Labels for Education Products.
(4) Target Take Charge of Education: https://www-secure.target.com/redcard/tcoe/enroll Register your card and help earn B-V a percentage of the annual Target donation fund.
(5) Tyson A+ Labels Program: Cut off the ENTIRE UPPER LABEL from Tyson Frozen Products that display the A+ logo and send in to school.
OUR ORGANIZATION INFORMATION
Organization Name: Buchanan-Verplanck PTA