Welcome to the Hendrick Hudson Transportation Department
School Bus Safety is One Bus Stop at a Time!
The Transportation Department is responsible for transporting approximately 3,000 students to and from school, on field trips and to athletic competitions. Last year the department’s 54 buses traveled over 600,000 miles. In addition to providing transportation to the 5 Hendrick Hudson schools, we also provide service to 42 out-of-district private, parochial and special needs schools.
Please keep in mind:
- Be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before scheduled time.
- Late Buses are provided 4 days a week (Monday – Thursday) at HHHS and BMMS.
- Late run bus stops may be different from the regular bus stops since only a few buses are used to transport the student’s home throughout the district. Schedules can be found in the Main Offices of HHHS and BMMS.
- Modified Sports Buses are provided from BMMS. See the late run schedule available in Main Office.
If a student from any school wishes to take a bus other than their regular bus, a note from the parent to the school is required explaining the reason for the change and the requested pick-up and/or drop-off site.
In the middle school, notes must be delivered to the main office one day prior to the requested bus change.
- It is both dangerous and illegal to pass a stopped school bus, including on school property.
- Drivers must always stop for flashing red lights , even on school grounds.
- Yellow lights mean the bus is going to stop. Slow down.
- Red lights mean students are getting on or off the bus. Stop.
Be Cool...Follow the Hen Hud Bus Rules
- Cooperate with the driver.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Do not smoke on the bus.
- Stay in your seat until the bus stops.
- Keep head and arms inside the bus.
- Be courteous; no cursing or yelling.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Bus driver is authorized to assign seats and file a conduct report for not following these rules.
- When crossing, go out at least 10 feet, look both ways and wait for the driver's signal.
- When leaving the bus, please move away at least 15 feet from the bus.
61 Trolley Road
Montrose, NY 10548
Phone (914) 257-5200
Fax (914) 257-5201
Transportation Department Emergency Backup Phone #: (914) 293-7908