Skip To Main Content

Working Papers


The school district cooperates with the New York State Labor Department in issuance of working papers required by law for students under the age of 18 who seek employment.  These papers are available at the guidance office at the middle school and at the main office at the high school.

To secure working papers a student must:

Be checked by the school doctor or family doctor.

Submit proof of age.  This can be in the form of a birth certificate or baptismal certificate, hospital record or passport.  Driver's licenses are not acceptable

Newspaper carriers must have working papers.  However, these students can be as young as 12 years of age and still comply with regulations by using a slip furnished to them through the guidance or nurse’s offices.